Hyundai Tournament set for restart
Updated: Saturday, 05 Jan 2013 09:09
The first round of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions was cancelled because of extreme weather conditions.
Webb Simpson was leading on three under after seven holes when play was stopped, but he, like all the other players who had begun their rounds, will have to start from scratch on Saturday.
Play had already been suspended twice amid rain and wind which blew up to 45mph before the day was finally scrapped.
It will be the first time since the 2005 Players Championship a round has been restarted.
"It stinks for me," Simpson, who earlier had his umbrella broken and said he felt like he was "in a hurricane", told the Golf Channel.
"I got off to a great start, but it's how it goes. The good news is, I'm playing well. I'll try to carry it into tomorrow."
Scott Stallings, who was last on the leaderboard at seven over after four holes, added: "I was the biggest benefactor of the whole deal, but I'd like to know how Webb was three under through all that."